H Jimenez Quetzal Vihuela
El Quetzal (Beautiful songbird) – This aptly named vihuela is special in several ways. At first glance, you will notice the arrow rosette around the sound hole and that the front and back body edges are hand fitted alternating maple and mahogany wood pieces. The back and sides of the instrument are made of Laminated Luan while the front is Durable Laminated Basswood. Mariachi teachers and players will appreciate the additional 2 frets of tonal range (total of 6 frets), functionality of 2 strap buttons, and smooth action tuners. The Ovangkol fingerboard has the signature H. Jimenez logo lasered in the end, but most notably, this vihuela is equipped with the special H. Jimenez design Thunderwing™ bridge with saddle for optimum performance.
- Thunderwing™ bridge provides saddle style adjustability
- Six frets for extra range
- Smooth action tuners
- Ovangkol fingerboard and bridge
- Durable laminated Basswood tops and Laminated Luan back and sides
- Deluxe padded black nylon logo bag is included with zipper pouch and shoulder straps
- All H. Jimenez vihuelas are covered by Limited lifetime warranty.