Eric Johnson EJF1 Fuzz Face Pedal
The Jim Dunlop Eric Johnson Signature Fuzz Face distortion guitar effects pedal was built to EJ's precise specifications. When you think about Eric Johnson, you think tone, and the tone he's best known for is his sweet, singing, lead tone. His choice for getting that tone has always been the Fuzz Face.
Eric Johnson worked closely with Fuzz Face guru Jeorge Tripps to create his signature pedal. It is inspired by EJ's prized personal Fuzz Faces and is built to his incredibly strict specifications, featuring hand-selected BC183 silicon transistors (for higher gain), custom reproduction '68-'69 knobs, and a vintage-style hammertone finish. The result: a beautifully dynamic, expressive and powerful pedal. "I first heard the Fuzz Face when I was about 12 and loved playing through it," he says. "It's the classic tone used by Jimi Hendrix, one of my greatest influences. No other pedal gets this type of sound. It's the pinnacle of psychedelic fuzz."
- True hardwire bypass
- Powered by one 9 volt battery
- Footswitch toggles effect on/bypass
- Volume knob controls total output level
- Fuzz knob controls intensity of the fuzz tone
- Designed after Eric's personal prized Fuzz Faces
- Custom vintage-style hammertone finish
- Custom reproduction '68-'69 knobs